If you’ve been wondering how bloggers or web designers add photos or graphics to their posts without “lifting” them off of someone else’s site (which is uncool and illegal), I’ve got some bookmarks for you to check out.
Most of these are inexpensive to purchase the “small” size which is usually fine for blog posts. Beware of completely free photos/graphics as there is usually some fine print to read – make sure you do!
Read the Terms or Licensing information for each site AND for individual images to be sure you are not violating copyright. It is your responsibility to do so.
Most of the images I use are around $1. On some of these sites you purchase a block of credit, say $10, then as you find what you need, you purchase a download and the price is in credits based on the size of the photo. Check them out.
- SnapStock.io – Free Images, No Attribtion
- PDClipart.org – Public Domain Clip Art
- Public Domain Pictures, Royalty Free Stock Photos, Free Pictures
- Dreamstime: Download Free Stock Photos & Royalty Free Images
- Royalty Free Stock Photos at Fotolia.com
- Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos
- CanStockPhoto Stock Photography Images and Footage
- Free Images – Free Stock Photos
- Royalty Free Photos, Stock Photos, Photography and Royalty Free Images at Inmagine
- Getty Images | Stock Photography, Editorial Photos, Footage & Music
- 123 Royalty Free – Stock Image and Photo Subscription
- Shutterstock: Royalty-Free Subscription Stock Photography & Vector Art
- stock.xchng – the leading free stock photography site
- Free Nature Pictures, Wallpaper
- Iconfinder | Search engine for free icons
- GoGraph: Your Ultimate Source of Web Graphics