Piggy backing on the last couple of posts about direct sales company conventions – their value, and why people attend or not – I wanted to share some results of a Meetings & Conventions poll which determined how meeting planners choose speakers for their events.
Does this correspond to the speakers you have hired, or seen at company conventions? As always, if you or your company are looking for a social media planner, consider bringing me in.
Although I am not on the M&C list of favorite speakers (yet!) I am happy to say I pride myself on being affordable and relevant, among other priorities mentioned. 🙂
Here is a list of most common criteria mentioned among the 117 meeting planner respondents:
What is your typical budget for keynote speakers?
- 34% Less than $5,000
- 19% Between $5,000 and $10,000
- 17% Between $10,000 and $20,000
- 13% Do not pay speakers
- 12% Between $20,000 and $50,000
What are your priorities when selecting a speaker?
- 91% Relevance to audience (With 12 years experience in the field, I’m relatable!)
- 71% Cost (See above!)
- 55% Availability (Ask!)
- 53% Recommendations from others (If you are a leader in your company, request me from your company!)
- 39% Relevance to current events (Social media/technology are always hot topics!)
Read the rest of the Meetings & Conventions Poll here. Do their results line up with what you’ve seen happening within the industry? To find out if I’d be a good fit for your next event, please contact me here.