As a follow up to my post about how to use a custom app to send people from your Facebook business Page to your website, How to Use a Facebook Tab to Send People to Your Own Website, in this post I am showing you a simple way to create a custom tab/app image “cover” to match your Page or company branding. You can certainly hire a designer to create something that would be an exact match but if you’d like a free way to create something that works, too, this video shows you how:
- Use Google Presentation to start a new “presentation” image. You can also do this in PowerPoint if you have it.
- Choose one of the templates built in, or Import your own. If you like you can search Google’s template directory.
- Using the slide editor, add the text you would like, choosing the font, size, and color you want.
- Go up to File and down to Download As… and choose JPEG (.jpg)
- From your computer’s image editing program (or try something like picmonkey.com) resize your slide photo to be exactly 111 x 74. You may need to crop it a little to achieve this, by starting with the 74 pixels high, and shaving some off the width to make it 111.
- Save your image as the new size.
- Go to your Facebook Page and click the down arrow on the right of the app/tabs to open the editors. If you have not followed the instructions in previous lessons to add either a website redirect or a contact tab, do that first. I use the Static iFrame Tab application for that.
- Once you have found the app tab you would like to use your new image for, click the Edit pencil on its top right corner.
- Click on Edit Settings (note that you must be in editing mode by clicking the arrow on the far right first)
- Click on Change next to the Custom Tab Image option. This will open a new tab or page.
- Browse to upload your new image.
- Go back to the tab where your Page was and click OK
- Repeat for any other custom tabs you’ve created.
Was this helpful? Pass it on using my social media links above! I would love to hear your feedback in the comments as well.