Did you ever have the need to eliminate someone from your Facebook Business Page? Maybe one of your Facebook Likes is constantly promoting their business or application or contest on your Business Page and after asking them nicely you just want to get rid of them? Or maybe you have an ex you’re trying to prevent from seeing you on Facebook – you’ve blocked them from your personal Profile but need to get them off your Business Page now. Or maybe your competition has been watching your Business Page and trolling through and commenting on your posts? Whatever the reason, this will explain how to remove people or other Pages from your Fan/Business Page temporarily, or ban them completely.
Updated January 2016:
1. Go to your Page Settings. Click on People and Pages on the left.
2. This will bring you your list of likes which you can then sort by people or pages, or people who you have banned. This will NOT show you ALL your likes because some people have their privacy settings set so that things they like are hidden but it’s something.
3. From there, find the name you need to ban and click the gear cog on the far right to choose to either remove them from your likes (boot them – but they can re-like) or ban them entirely.
3. Once you click to ban them, you will be asked to confirm this. Note that even though they will not be able to interact with the Page, they CAN still view it. There is no way to prevent that. If you simply removed them from your Page Likes they can re-like the page on their own and interact with it.
4. Click Confirm and you’re done!
5. What if you do not see the person or Page you want to ban within the list of Likes? In that case you will need to “catch” them in a comment on your Page. When you do, hover over the right side of the comment and click the X – you will have the option to Hide.
You will then have the option to also Report the comment or Ban the user from there.
I hope this is helpful. What stories do you have about why you needed to remove someone, or know someone who did? Leave them in the comments, I’m sure we can all learn or laugh from your experience!