Did you ever have the need to eliminate someone from your Facebook Fan Page or Business Page? Maybe one of your Facebook Fans is constantly promoting their business or application or contest on your Fan Page (Business Page) and after asking them nicely you just want to get rid of them? Or maybe you have an ex you’re trying to prevent from seeing you on Facebook – you’ve blocked them from your personal Profile but need to get them off your Fan Page now. Or maybe your competition has been watching your Fan Page and trolling through your posts? Whatever the reason, this will explain how to remove people or other Pages from your Fan/Business Page temporarily, or ban them completely.
Updated March 2013:
1. Go to your list of people “# likes” under the name of your Facebook Fan/Business Page.
2. This will bring you to your Insights dashboard. Click the tiny See Likes link on the upper left.
3. From there you can toggle between People or Pages who Like your Page, or people already banned, or admins or subscribers. You may need to scroll down and click See More to see more names. From there, find the name you need to ban and click the X on the far right.
3. Once you click the X you will by default be simply Removing them from the page – this means they will “unlike” the Page and it will cease showing up in their news feed, however they can still find it on their own again and re-like the Page. To make it so that they cannot comment or interact with the Page, click the box to Ban them from the page, on the lower left.
4. Click Okay and you’re done! Now, it is important to note that the person or page can still SEE your page content – anyone can even when not logged into Facebook, since Pages are public. There is no way to prevent them from seeing the page. But removing and banning them will keep the posts from showing up in their news feed and giving them the ability to interact with it.
5. What if you do not see the person or Page you want to ban within the list of Likes? In that case you will need to “catch” them in a comment on your Page. When you do, hover over the right side of the comment and click the X – you will have the option to Hide as Spam.
You will then have the option to also Report the comment or Ban the user from there.
I hope this is helpful. What stories do you have about why you needed to remove someone, or know someone who did? Leave them in the comments, I’m sure we can all learn or laugh from your experience!