Have you ever been stuck when coming up with a topic idea to blog about? Or maybe you need to create some content for a web page but can only think of a few sentences to describe a product? I’ve been using a handy tool that helps get my creative writing juices flowing in a way that helps my sites become picked up by the search engines.
It is called Keyword Questions by Wordtracker Labs. This tool allows you to type in a keyword that you are targeting in your online marketing efforts and the results that come up are questions that people have typed into the search engines using that keyword. Those questions tell you what real people are looking for answers to – which makes perfect content ideas for a blog post or web page. It also tells you approximately how many times that question has been asked.
For example, I typed in the keyword “social media” and here are the top 10 results, giving me 10 great blog post ideas:
- What is social media.
- How to write a PR plan that incorporates social media.
- Social media will change your business.
- How do I measure the success of my social media strategy?
- What is the importance of media as a social institution?
- How to use social media?
- Government agencies who use social media.
- What is the role of print media in shaping and maintaining a range of different social and cultural?
- Why should my business use social media ?
- What is the history of social media?
Any one of those would make for great blog post ideas and allow me to use several effective keywords as I am writing. Try out the Wordtracker KeyWords Question Tool and let me know in the comments what you would use this tool for!