Did you know that there are 13 hours of video uploaded to YouTube EVERY MINUTE – and 80% of those are from amateurs, not professional videographers. Here are ten simple tips to maximize your presence on YouTube.
1. Set up an account at YouTube.com – voila you have a channel! Click under your username.
2. Customize your channel to match the colors of your website, blog or logo. I highly recommend Hugh from Social Identities to create a custom graphic background.
3. Fill out your personal YouTube profile completely as this will appear on your channel.
4. Include a professional headshot or logo. Headshots tend to do better in the social aspect of YouTube.
5. Use the Keyword Tool from WordTracker to get some juicy topics to video about. Find it at https://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/
6. If you’re shy on camera, consider making a video by using a screen recording such as Camtasia, Screenflow, or Screenr. Show computer activity or a PowerPoint presentation while you speak.
7. Include a call to action at the end of your videos either as a panel or verbally asking them to take action.
8. Add thorough descriptions for each video including keyword tags and a nonsense tag you use on each one, to help guide the related videos back to your videos.
9. Be social on YouTube – Watch other videos in your field and leave comments or video responses.
10. Integrate your YouTube with your other online presence platforms – add a button to your channel on your website or blog, let your customers know they can find you on YouTube, and share your videos to your social media site such as your Facebook Business Page.