Hi everyone! I post so many tips and tools and resources for building an online presence for your business over on my Facebook Fan Page that I thought it would be handy to collect them and repost for anyone who may have missed them. When you see a blog post from me with this title: Tips Tools and Resources for Building an Online Presence – it will likely be a set of past posts I’ve copied/pasted for you to enjoy! There are lots of hidden gems. I hope you look forward to these posts! Once I am done posting them from the past months, I’ll start putting them up monthly in the future. Let me know what you think! And of course be sure to become a fan on my Facebook fan page so you get the individual posts when they’re fresh!
Volume 1 – items originally posted in September 2010
- Tips for managing your reputation online – written for restaurant owners but applicable to everyone! http://theblackboard.net/blogs/blogs/how-to-protect-your-restaurant
- Check out the Fan Page directory! http://www.facebook.com/pages/browser.php
- Testing google docs’ form builder! http://www.spreadsheets.google.com
- Bookmark or subscribe to this page to keep up with events, classes and workshops I’m holding: http://www.eventbrite.com/org/396609971?s=2049673
- Read this – focus on what you can control in social media – the content! http://socialmediatoday.com/stephaniesammons/183034/blogging-and-social-media-focus-what-you-can-control
- Great info on Facebook for business: http://www.marismith.com/facebook-marketing-how-to-balance-personal-and-professional/ If you want some hand-holding on this topic, join my group classes: http://www.mybusinesspresence.com/events/
- Here comes the new Twitter.com http://mashable.com/2010/09/14/new-twitter-web-interface/
- How to remove someone from your Fan Page: http://screenr.com/H6n
- If you have a Mailchimp account, just go to the MailChimp application here on FB and it will create a tab for you for an Email Signup that will go your fan page – with 2 clicks! If you don’t already use Mailchimp and want to, go to my Email Signup tab and click the little logo at the bottom. Handy dandy little tool this is.
- Go grab your own name/URL at the about.me site. It is like a hub for your social media profiles. Grab your name now. Thanks to The Blog Squad for the tip!
- Do you have the new box on the left sidebar of your Facebook wall – under your friends list – it shows fan pages you like. When you look on someone else’s ‘likes’ it also tells you which ones you have it common. Do you like this new feature?
- Aha! So it isn’t just Google that thinks website load time is important! Website Speed Trumps Functionality for Users – Website Magazine – http://www.websitemagazine.com/content/blogs/posts/archive/2010/09/09/website-speed-trumps-functionality-for-users.aspx
- Need to add some more people to my team. If you’re a WP & Thesis (a must) developer lurking out there, let me know! I need someone to troubleshoot when I’m all outta time/patience.
- Where does spam come from? http://www.htstechtips.com/2010/08/24/where-does-spam-come-from/
- Have you shared this page with your friends? If they could use the information I give here, don’t keep it a secret! http://www.facebook.com/mybusinesspresence Click Share!
- In case you missed it a couple months ago… From Mari Smith – how to contact Facebook for just about anything! How To Contact Facebook: A Directory of 120+ Forms http://www.marismith.com/how-to-contact-facebook-a-directory-of-120-forms/
- Must share this list of awesome plugins by Denise Wakeman, most of which I use/recommend. However – a word of caution! Too many plugins slow down your site (which Google hates) so don’t go nuts!!! http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/24-impressive-blog-plugins/
- Check out my new Schedule Now tab. Pretty cool isn’t it? I learned about that service through one of my clients and mentors Caterina Rando ! Want to be cool too? You can get it free at www.schedulicity.com Are you in direct sales? Set your home party or sponsoring appt availability up and let your customers set their dates with you!